Some interesting remarks on the Apple Pay.
It’s been
almost two years since the rollout of Apple Pay. It’s been available in US,
China, Canada, UK. But not in France. Rumors has it that it will be available
in this year. Meanwhile, contactless payment(payment sans contact) has been
very popular in France: Carrefour, Casino, Intermarche etc)
However
last week, I came into this article (https://b0b.fr/2016/05/06/boon-ou-comment-utiliser-apple-pay-en-france/)
that after some hacking, it’s possible to
use Apple pay. I hesitated because the bank information is still quite
sensitive. And I do not feel quite secure with this kind of virtual bank on the
internet. However, yesterday I went to have a coffee and a cake in a shop,
after the enjoyment, I realize that I forgot my wallet! I had to call a friend
to come and pay for me. So embarrassing! So I decided that I would set up Apple
pay one way or another.
Some background,
I have a bank card in a Chinese bank, and I did managed to put it into Apply Pay,
thanks to my sister for the verification code on a Chinese phone number. But it
turns out that Apple pay in China is using the transaction system of UnionPay (A
Chinese bureaucratique version of Master/Visa), only supported by very few
shops. And I would have to pay a transaction fee every time.
So in the
end I made a virtual rechargeable card by Boon. It’s really a great concept I
think. With the platform like Apple Pay. They don’t have to maintain the plastic
cards themselves, instead, it’s a virtual card on your telephone.
BTW, the
Bouygue telephone number does not work with Boon. You have to find another way to work around. Since it will be your username, I wouldn't advise you using a temporary phone number on the internet.
Comments
Post a Comment