One life experience I posted on Quora

It's unter the question: What is the nicest thing that a complete stranger has ever done for you? 

I shared my experience:

It was May last year. I was backpacking alone around Nice, south of France. It has becoming dark, and I was waiting for the bus to where I lived(that's another story people are so nice to me, but given we are not exactly strangers, I am gonna skip that), I missed it after two hours of waiting, as I totally forgot that you need to wave to stop and hop on the bus here(which is not the case where I mostly lived). I didn't know what to do but to wait and see if there would be another last bus.

And then a totally strangers smiles at me and ask in my native tone(NI SHUO ZHONG GUO REN ME, which basically means do you speak China). I was really surprised in the good way. I explained the situation, and he offered me a ride. In the car, I was actually a little worried thinking about bad things happened to the hick-hikers in the novel and movies. But luckily I arrived safe and sound, and I offered the share the gas but he refused, and I felt terrible for having been worried and presuming a stranger in the bad way. It turned out he was learning Chinese and speaks a little. The next day, he offered a ride in the Les Alpes to the place, I could hardly having been by foot or by bus. This experience just made the trip one of the best voyages. Later, I encourage him to visit China, which he did. And In the end, we found that we shared so many resemble childhood experiences and same passion for foreign languages and cultures and become really close friends. 

It feels so bizarre that you could meet another stranger in such a random way from another end of the world (he lives in Brazil and was in France for vacation) and found out that you have so many things in common and could become close friends. This just encourage me to travel more by myself and be nicer and more willing to talk and share with strangers I met in the trips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

周末发现的两样东西,和心理有关的。

QStringList related performance